FORD FUSION/LINCOLN MKZ 2010 DOOR TRIMS
For 2+ years I led the engineering and manufacturing development of the Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ front and rear door trims.
My role was the Product Manager taking the design from studio 3D surfaces all the way to vehicle launch in Hermosillo, Mexico. I managed a team of 10+ consisting of manufacturing engineers, designers, safety engineers and tooling suppliers to progress the design through Ford's development milestones to deliver on-time, in-spec door trims for customer delivery after OKTB (a plant manager's approval that the vehicle is ready to be sold to customers).
PRODUCTS THAT I LED:
Front and rear door trims: 2010 Ford Fusion, 2010 Lincoln MKZ
Below are some the items in did in my day to day:
- Generated build process strategies for line assembly.
- Provided feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements.
- Managed and solved technical issues and escalated when they arose.
- Supported virtual & physical build events, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Led material cost savings initiative for door trims resulting in annual savings of $50,000.
- Led a team of suppliers to resolve all quality concern issues (Repairs per 1000, Things gone wrong (TGW), Cost per unit (CPU) warranty)